The Kids’ Book of Fishing
Complete with hook, line, and sinker, The Kids' Book of Fishing is an initiation into the oldest unofficial club in the world.
Written with an emphasis on freshwater catch-and-release fishing, this fact-filled, illustrated book points out the best fishing holes and what to use for bait. Kids meet bluegills, crappies, perch, bass, and trout; learn about their habits and habitats; and discover if they feel pain (they don't). Then it's time to catch them. Beginning with the simplest hand-line method for jigging, The Kids' Book of Fishing establishes the basics: tying knots, judging water depth, choosing the right tackle and bait, attaching a bobber, and-most important of all-how to tell when a bite comes and what to do about it.
Packaged with each book are 30 feet of monofilament line, 3 sinkers, 3 hooks, 1 plummet weight, 1 snap-swivel, 1 red-and-white bobber, and a custom-made plastic tacklebox.
With its environmental tips, neat facts, projects and activities, The Kids' Book of Fishing is The Compleat Angler for kids.
Selection of the Book-of-the-Month Club and the Rodale Book Club. 190,000 copies in print.
- Grade Level:4 – 6
- Item Weight:13.7 ounces
- Paperback:96 pages
- Product Dimensions:10 x 1.75 x 8.25 inches
- Publisher:Workman Publishing Company (January 6, 1991)
- Reading level:9 – 12 years
- Best Sellers Rank:#617,218 in Books
- #3,486 in Children’s Sports & Outdoors Books (Books)
- #18,339 in Children’s Activities, Crafts & Games Books (Books)
- #31,349 in Children’s Literature (Books)